As the Senior Data Analyst this position will lead on planning and program implementation efforts of the Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) accounting model across the commercial bank, mortgage, insurance, and broker dealer subsidiaries. With a focus on Profitability and Credit Loss, this position will partner with Credit, Accounting, Risk, Treasury, and IT team to create scope, requirements, data mappings, testing, data model and process workflows for a new credit loss program. Based on Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations, we are building out the Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) program and this person will function as the Business Data Analyst for that program and lead it from the IT domain. This new technology will be facilitated in new SAS modules. The position will report to the Director of Quantitative Analytics & Sr. IT Director.
- Identify system changes resulting from CECL—including data, process, and data model.
- Assess convergence with existing risk and regulatory infrastructure (data, architecture, controls, reporting and remediations).
- Assist with the scenario design and loss forecasting, including prepayment, probability of default, and loss given default modeling, in accordance with CECL requirements for loan and securities portfolios.
- Ensure the Company s compliance with US GAAP and Regulatory guidance for estimating the allowance for credit losses.
- Conducting monthly SOX relevant controls and perform monthly variance analyses by reviewing provided numbers and commentary received from the report preparer and complementing with own CRM commentary for movements where needed.
- Providing rationale on CECL drivers explaining CECL monthly move results by running attribution analyses via R.
- Utilizing existing reporting capabilities and what-if functionalities (e.g. calculating the impact of macro factors on CECL for specific portfolios or calculating CECL for a particular loan).
- Acting as a subject matter expert in various CECL queries and/or discussions with different partners across the bank (CRM, UBS, QAT, Finance, etc.).
- Identifying issues in data or methodologies and collaborate with partner teams on remediation.
- Prepare portfolio level reporting and analyses to allow the executive team to understand key trends in the Company’s loan and securities portfolio.
- Present analysis, findings, or recommendations of portfolio risks to Senior Management or other department heads.
- Assist auditors and regulators during examinations of the Company s credit loss estimation process.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Banking & Finance, economics or quantitative Finance and 5-7 years of proven experience in banking, preferably in Wealth Management or Finance. MBA or other quantitative graduate degree a plus.
- Relevant industry certifications such as CPA or CFA preferred but not required.
- 2-5 years of progressive financial analysis and/or accounting experience required; preferably at a banking institution.
- Experience working with Moody s applications (including Risk Calc, CMM, Mortgage Portfolio Analyzer, Credit Cycle, Impairment Studio).
- Ability to review, manipulate and analyze complex data sets.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of IT SDLC, BSA or Data Mapping experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of banking, financial, or Credit Modeling experience.
- Distinct ability to navigate in large data sets and good coding skills in at least one programming language (e.g. R, Python).
- Excellent understanding of credit risk, also from a reporting and workflow perspective.
- Experience in and understanding of impairments under US GAAP or IFRS.
- Deep understanding of Salesforce and certifications is a plus.
- Proficient with PCs, MS Office (e. g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and other business systems.
- Prior experience on CECL or IFRS 9 implementations helpful.
Send your resume to:
BayOne Solutions, Inc.
4637 Chabot Drive, Suite 250
Pleasanton, CA 94588