Job Location : Santa Clara, CA or San Francisco United States
Opportunity to improve the education process and better the lives of students -- through UX design.
As part of the growth team you will be involved with the design of navigation, search, home pages, and other core experience to client products. You will also be involved with exploring opportunities to help drive growth or cross adoption of other client services. This also includes defining design patterns and systems to help other teams move faster and create a more cohesive experience for client products.
Role: Sr. UX Designer
As a Senior Designer on the team you will be solely responsible for designing the new and updated user experiences, creating concepts, visual mockups and specifications, and representing the designs to the product team.
In addition to excellent interaction and visual design skills, strong candidates should have experience thinking in terms of end-to-end UI design, applying strategic thinking and business goals to designs, focusing on user feedback, and understanding the relation of visual design to the interaction. Of course we also look for candidates with good collaboration skills, for working with product managers, usability researchers, and engineering.
- Participate in the product definition process with the Product Manager, Engineering Manager and User Research. Drive the clarification of the user tasks and objectives.
- Develop user experience design concepts, wireframes, mockups, usage scenarios, task analysis, prototypes, specifications, navigation maps, design guidelines, and other UX design deliverables.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Have good understanding of current design patterns and guidelines for both mobile and web and be able to create a coherent cross device experience.
- Help design and maintain design pattern library and components that will be used across product teams.
- Ensure that visual design mockups meet the objectives of the user experience, fit with the overall brand and are consistent.
5+ years as a User Experience Designer, creating excellent experiences that delight the customer.
High degree of creativity and problem solving.
Ability to think and design holistically to create a cohesive and coherent product experience.
Exceptional understanding of fundamental design principles.
Strong conceptual, visual and analytical skills.
Proven leadership, organizational and communication skills.
Proficiency in UX Design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks) or similar tools to create user interfaces.
Experience with responsive designs for desktop-to-mobile products.
Relentless attention to detail and to consistency.
Ability to collaborate with the larger team.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, or related field.
Experience designing consumer facing products.
Experience creating interactive prototypes using HTML/CSS, InVision, or other prototyping tool.
Experience designing components or patterns as a part of a larger design system.